In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- More broadly it is a ‘successful’ moment of categorical objectification of the original transcendental self-communication of the divine everywhere.
- On the other hand, transcendental empiricism has epistemological implications insofar as knowledge too must be formed in a process of individuation.
- It does not constitute either a sect or a school of thought, but is rather a spiritual or transcendental practice, which persists despite criticism from orthodox theologians.
- Kant's solution of the problem of God, which regards the concept of God simply as a transcendental postulate of practical reason or a regulative idea, is unacceptable.
- Some people regard the religious as more spiritual and transcendental persons.
- How should we assess Husserl's transcendental phenomenology?
- Through visual art, he tried to express a transcendental mysticism that he felt he could not fully communicate through music.
- Religious miracles like paranormal claims postulate a nonnatural transcendental realm that allegedly cannot be evaluated by evidence or reason.
- What's cool about this idea is that it implies a transcendental, eternal spiritual life.
- The spiritual in man may soar in the highest transcendental realms, but man's body is essentially that of an animal.
- Among those born since 1955 there has been a considerable increase in belief in a transcendental order - a personally concerned God, life after death, miracles, heaven.
- Eze evidently thinks it very important to emphasize that Kant appealed to his transcendental philosophy and his theory of the a priori to formulate his racial theory.
- Isaac's prayer is symbolic of the transcendental spiritual beauty of Judaism.
- There are theists in all of these categories (don't know about transcendental idealism or logical positivists), so they all allow for divine intervention of a kind.
- Kant conveyed this point in the idea that consciousness entails a transcendental a priori not capturable by experience or observation.
- God for them was the transcendental other that they found in the Bible.
- These transcendental depictions of spiritual evocation ring true.
- Husserl sees his own transcendental phenomenology as the true heir to Kant's transcendental philosophy.
- It is true that people out of poverty long for something higher, transcendental and spiritual.
- Kant's assertion that transcendental idealism entails empirical realism is difficult to interpret.
- The basis of the aesthetic-ethical movement was Kant's transcendental idealism.
- Or that communion with God is but a transcendental, emotional state of self-negation and acceptance?
- Hindus readily accept as reality transcendental realms of Gods and devas and higher modes of consciousness than that in which we commonly live.
- Echoes of the subsequent post-Hegelian criticisms of Kantian transcendental philosophy are found in the early work of Horkheimer and Marcuse.
- I ended up with something like transcendental animistic chaos with stress on the importance if imminent divinity when I was done with it, which has worked well for me so far.
- Today's terrorists increasingly look at their acts of death and destruction as sacramental or transcendental on a spiritual or eschatological level.
- Mathematicians had regarded algebraic numbers as, in some sense, simpler than transcendental numbers.
- In 1851 he published results on transcendental numbers removing the dependence on continued fractions.
- Or should they legitimately be applied only to continuous curves susceptible of being expressed by algebraic or transcendental equations?
- If fifth-degree polynomials are so hard, what can one do with transcendental functions of a complex variable?
- Liouville had introduced such numbers as examples of transcendental numbers - real numbers that are not roots of polynomial equations with integer coefficients.
- It was decided to concentrate on a three-volume work on the Higher transcendental functions, to be followed by two volumes of tables of integrals.
- The very names negative numbers, irrational numbers, transcendental numbers, imaginary numbers, and ideal points at infinity indicate ambivalence.
- I have just finished an extensive treatise on a certain class of transcendental functions to present it to the Institute which will be done next Monday.
- Of the irrational, transcendental numbers, pi seems to get all the attention.
- Only the arc lengths of transcendental curves such as the cycloid and the logarithmic spiral had been calculated before this.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.