In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- One obvious solution would be a transfer fee to be exchanged, but for now, he will continue an extended loan spell.
- What were once called footballers are now referred to as assets while the equation that equals a transfer fee is composed not just of a player's talent but also their marketability.
- Everything has to be right, the transfer fee must be right and the player has to want to go.
- It took about two weeks to agree a transfer fee and then the deal was done.
- The issue is the transfer system, where a player who has a contract with one club is not allowed to move to a different club unless a compensation fee, a transfer fee, is paid.
- But this perception that agents are just there to take a percentage of either the transfer fee or the player's contract is wrong.
- He also noted that she ‘can come at a reasonable price’ because, as there is no longer a women's professional league, there is no need to pay a transfer fee.
- It's rumoured he even paid his own transfer fee.
- Any hopes of a transfer fee in exchange for his services looks increasingly remote though.
- Personally I think that the maximum transfer fee should be around £3 million.
- Yes, the player was on a hefty weekly wage and he also took a cut from the transfer fee, but the club must still have banked somewhere in the region of £6 million on the deal overall.
- He said: ‘I am sure the agent has had his own interests at heart in this matter more than the player's, as he knew we would not be able to stump up such a large transfer fee.’
- The obtaining of such permission invariably involves the payment of a transfer fee to the former club, in ostensible compensation for the loss of the player concerned.
- A player going to a first division team either up or down would command a registration transfer fee of say up to £1m.
- With only one year left on his contract, the transfer fee should be modest and his recent poor form may have scared off the big European clubs.
- He would cost a transfer fee which Bolton could not afford.
- The move surprisingly fell through over the transfer fee, with United reportedly offering as little as £5 million.
- However, the two clubs have yet to officially confirm a transfer fee - United having increased their bid to £25 million over the weekend.
- The sticking point would seem to be the transfer fee.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.