In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- All pots, transformers and circuit board edge connectors mount to an internal subframe assembly.
- The transformer in the output stage simply increases the voltage by 10, thus producing approximately 90 volts AC.
- The circuit keeps interrupting itself in this way, gradually boosting voltage through the transformer.
- One solution is to contact the power utility company, get it to confirm the sag and retap the transformer to bring the voltage swing within an acceptable range.
- Fire bells sounded in response to an explosion in a high voltage power transformer in the hospital basement.
- It is used for making relays, transformers, solenoids, current transformers, safety plugs for gas applications.
- One high voltage transformer that has something wrong with it.
- A transformer boosted the tube voltage to about 50 000 V, and x-ray imaging was done by both fluoroscopy and photography.
- He describes transformers as raising voltage ‘in something like the way that squeezing the end of a garden hose produces a more powerful jet of water’.
- The stable oily liquid, which absorbs intense heat, was used as a coolant for electrical transformers and capacitors.
- PCBs are colorless and odorless chemicals that were widely used in electrical equipment such as transformers and capacitors before 1977.
- Remember, you can only plug mains voltage lighting into an external socket as low voltage lighting requires a transformer and currently most transformers are not suitable for outside use.
- Alternating voltage fed into a transformer - which is not a new development - will boost it to any voltage you want, with no moving parts.
- European machines, which operate on electrical standards different from those of U.S. machines, require transformers to step voltages up or down.
- LED lights require a transformer to turn alternating current to direct current.
- Stand at least two feet away from welding equipment, high-voltage transformers or motor-generator systems.
- No or low output voltage means the transformer winding has open or shorted winding.
- How do I check the output voltage of your electronic transformers?
- Let's start with the heart of the circuit, the main transformer, the device that actually boosts the voltage.
- Method and apparatus for a coherence transformer with limited memory for connecting computer system coherence domains
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.