In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1transfusión feminineshe was given a transfusion — le hicieron una transfusión (de sangre)
- she brought a transfusion of vitality into his life — inyectó vitalidad en su vida
- Blood for transfusions is stored in small plastic bags.
- The availability of blood for operations and transfusions is an essential part of our health care system.
- It is a frustrating and upsetting time with regular visits to the hospital for blood tests and transfusions.
- Transfusions or exchange transfusions are also recommended for patients with severe hypoxia.
- The baby born from that pregnancy was immediately sent to a children's hospital for transfusions and treatment of a collapsed lung.
- The test is affected by red blood cell transfusions and should not be performed within 6 weeks following a transfusion.
- Based on these findings, the use of autologous transfusions in orthopedic procedures is expected to increase.
- Your child may need blood and platelet transfusions frequently.
- Whenever possible, transfusions of all blood products should be limited.
- Curiously, family physicians were more likely than cardiologists to order transfusions.
- Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more transfusions.
- There was no difference in the distribution of blood between the major transfusion categories.
- He has to leave the clinic and go to the hospital to get a transfusion of blood platelets.
- She was treated with plasmapheresis and platelet transfusions.
- The most pressing need, after the bleeding has been stopped, is for a transfusion to restore the circulating volume of the blood.
- He was treated with blood and platelet transfusions and discharged eight days later with a modest improvement in peripheral blood count.
- In fact you may need a transfusion simply because you've donated so much blood!
- She was treated with intravenous folinic acid and antibiotics and was given transfusions of blood products.
- The patient subsequently received platelet and red blood cell transfusions.
- Before death, the organ donor received several transfusions of blood products.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.