In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1transgresión feminine formalinfracción feminineReligion pecado masculineReligion falta feminine
- Are gay students going to be the only students whose transgressions would be kept secret from their parents?
- He was far too indulgent of players' transgressions and inevitably an element of indiscipline crept into the play.
- One admits to a crime, a transgression, not an illness, unless the illness is a crime, and depression is not.
- Confront transgressions as they occur with the assumption that your corrections are guidance.
- But, like I said, what I hate more is people who do not own up to their transgressions.
- Mobiles ringing in the dressing room, lateness and the wrong kit are all transgressions that can lead to coughing up dollars.
- Media organizations need to be punished for their transgressions by whatever means possible.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.