In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sala de tránsito feminine
- Passengers were held in a transit lounge until a replacement aircraft was drafted in and they were flown to their final destination, Toronto in Canada.
- Yesterday they began their journey home to Jakarta, flying into Brisbane airport, and spending some down time in the transit lounge.
- Dorethea had met the American couple in an airport transit lounge.
- The text narrates an encounter with a person who is trapped, living in an airport transit lounge without legal status for entry.
- Australia can be a place where wanderers turn up, like a transit lounge on the end of a very large airport.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.