In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1visa de tránsito femininevisado de tránsito masculine Spain
- Fatima told me a transit visa shouldn't take too long.
- The guard asked what I was doing in Berlin on a transit visa from Erfurt to Dresden.
- Arriving in the little town of Portbou, the refugees discovered that the authorities had declared their Spanish transit visas invalid.
- India and Afghanistan once had a common boundary - to cross-over one needed no transit visa.
- The latter makes the transit period of its passengers more pleasurable by offering them a day's transit visa.
- Visa and transit visa requirements are imposed immediately on any country which starts to generate refugees.
- The authorities claimed that this was in response to intelligence that some nationals of these countries are using transit visas to flout current immigration controls.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.