In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(stage/period) de transición(architecture) de transición entre el románico y el gótico
- The Gothic stylistic elements that mark it as a transitional structure can best be seen in the chancel and the ambulatory with its famous stained-glass windows.
- One of these matters was mentioned in the preceding section in connection with Wittgenstein's transitional period.
- This is a transitional period and fingers crossed the new services will be available in April at the earliest.
- The months of October and March are transitional periods and are known as autumn and spring, respectively.
- The scheme will involve a transitional period of management leading to the purchase of the respective company.
- At a wider level, it suggested the security and stability of Britain at this transitional period in its history.
- After the transitional period, all issuers must file full interim and annual certificates.
- The transitional period, as one regime merges awkwardly into another, has not been without its impact on the players.
- Stage one saw the removal of most of the hereditary peers, leaving 92, who were to remain during a transitional period.
- It will not be in charge of its own affairs until it has passed through a transitional period, one which is still continuing.
- Neither the Directive nor the Agreement provided for a transitional period or phased implementation.
- The transitional period has been successively extended and is still in force today.
- Are we living in a transitional period leading to that nightmare?
- The new cathedral incorporated the transitional Gothic facade and the south tower, both survivors of the fire.
- The time of life which was the focus of most attention was the transitional period, which might extend from the onset of puberty to the late twenties.
- They are going through a transitional period but the kids are gaining invaluable experience.
- A year into the job and still stuck in what he terms a transitional period, he is hamstrung by the need to offload several players before he can add to the squad.
- The major output of that transitional period, it seems, was this fascinating book.
- On top of the hill four sharp spires rise from the Transitional Gothic cathedral.
- For some it has been really important in getting through in getting through difficult transitional periods.
- The camerlengo supervises the administration of the Holy See during the transitional period.
- A prison service spokesperson said some staff would be kept on at the prison over the transitional period.
- The Government has put up cash for a two-year transitional period which will be overseen by the Forestry Commission.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.