In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Pluralists consider non-state actors very important entities, having transnational impact.
- Of course, it is true that it is difficult for one nation to solve a transnational problem.
- Both inwardly and outwardly, growing instability infected national and transnational politics.
- This is nation states versus transnational terrorist organizations.
- The maquiladora sector is governed by a slew of local, national and transnational laws.
- The bureaucratic boundaries of the nation-state complicate intimate transnational exchange.
- Plainly, the US dominates these institutions, as it dominates other transnational bodies.
- Among them are those who are effectively stateless, owing allegiance only to the extremist cause of transnational terrorism.
- What types of transnational actors can be based on national groups?
- In the current national military strategy, transnational threats are of prime importance.
- It's about upholding national sovereignty in the face of fancy, transnational treaties, like the Human Rights Act.
- The fibre supply was now tightly committed to the operations of three large transnational pulp and paper corporations.
- A spokesman for the Department of Justice said the convention was an important instrument in combating transnational crime.
- First, the organization operates at a transnational level from London.
- Extradition, as a tool to combat transnational crime, particularly terrorism, is always a controversial issue.
- The main drivers of change are now transnational corporations rather than national governments.
- It negated such emotive factors as transnational religious feeling.
- This is a world of interdependence, in which nation-states are subordinated to transnational authorities.
- Some adjustment will be required, as prior rules and procedures are adapted to a new kind of transnational conflict.
- As we will see, this changing identity has both national and transnational dimensions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.