1.1Architecture(across window) travesaño masculine(above door) dintel masculine(above door) montante masculine
- Both doors are topped by elliptical transoms deeply recessed into paneled openings and embraced by taut curving stone arches.
- Both wails have fixed glazing with custom built mullions and transoms.
- Puddling style draperies over the windows and original shutters control light, and transoms over the doors help the air to circulate.
- A door was supposed to have a transom and a lintel and a keyhole and stiles and a handle.
- Now, in summer the openings are free of mullions or transoms and frame the lush foliage beyond.
- Pairs of narrow French doors topped with transoms line one wall of the main room, offering easy access to the deck and playing up the room's dramatic vaulted ceiling.
- The head casing that separates the transoms from the French doors runs at the same 7-foot height around the entire space, blending with the built-in bookshelves.
- They first replaced a single entry door with transom-topped French doors; then they lowered windows over the sink by a foot, adding a transom to fill in the void.
1.2also transom windowUS Architecturemontante masculine
- If the doors and the transoms above weren't exactly the right height, you'd have a totally different feeling.
- Entries often showcase glass in the door, plus sidelights and transoms (windows over the door).
- On the exterior is a combination of standard metal building components and antique and new mahogany doors and transoms.
- Along one wall, new floor-to-ceiling windows topped by arched transoms bring natural light deep into the room.
- Curtain walls, sliding doors, transoms, and more can be finished in dark bronze or clear anodized and painted bronze or white.
2Nauticalespejo de popa masculine
- After the transom and hull began to crack, they learned otherwise.
- The Bertram 31 and its prototype were designed with a remarkable 23-degree angle of deadrise at the transom with three lifting strakes on each side from the keel to the chine.
- The sheer of the B40 is slightly flatter, the transom more vertical and broader, and the bow slightly less spoon-shaped.
- But the second boat was deeper down in the peat, and although twisted and snapped by the river over the course of time was still complete, with a transom and wooden cross-braces.
- The main saloon is nicely arranged with a transom berth and pilot berth to port and a settee/berth to starboard.
- With six of us now in the boat, the low transom and failed bilge pump is worrying, but we dive anyway.