In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(of material)transparencia feminine
- Measurement and information systems need to be developed to provide full transparency throughout public education.
- She also demanded transparency in the evaluation process of the candidates.
- Yet passions will be inflamed in this instance, and complete transparency of the process is required.
- A single currency will also increase price transparency and thus highlight price differences still existing between Member States.
- The on-line service provides full transparency by maintaining computerised records of the feed inputs used in the rearing of animals.
- We also want to see more transparency with regard to securities, derivative transactions, investment, and guarantees.
- Increased price transparency - the process of making inefficient markets more efficient - will send ripple effects through the economy.
- Yet the talks failed over two relatively minor issues - trade facilitation and transparency in government procurement.
- Corporate executives, however, see more to lose than gain from increased transparency.
- But they resisted talks on more transparency in government procurement.
- Demands for greater financial transparency were resisted at every turn.
- In essence, the rationality means transparency with regard to both investment strategies and performance.
- Programs to improve financial transparency, corporate governance and debt reduction were hard to find.
- The material can achieve optical transparency of better than 95 % for sheet resistance values in excess of 1000 /.
- Central and provincial authorities should do more to promote transparency in government procurement and contract bidding.
- Full transparency is maintained by publishing the reserves and the aggregate balance in the clearing accounts of the banking system.
- At the same time, society is demanding more transparency in those business transactions.
- Authorities also introduced an open land tender system last year to improve market transparency, replacing often opaque land sales.
- In simple terms, the new code will create transparency in the process.
- Hopefully, this legislation will bring greater transparency in these transactions.
1.2(of lies, behavior)transparencia feminine
(slide)transparencia femininediapositiva femininefeminine transparencia
- The effect is not unlike a large colour transparency seen on a light box.
- I was the official photographer, first in black-and-white (home processed), later in colour transparency.
- She then presents the photographs as transparencies in light-boxes.
- Photographic images can be used in the design by shining a light through a transparency onto a chemically treated mesh.
- The technical equipment for displaying overhead transparencies is widely available and reliable.
- He paged through about a dozen transparencies on the overhead projector.
- Briefly, two aqueous chambers are separated by a partition made from overhead transparency film.
- Combined with the new photographs was work I had already done from color transparencies.
- I also made color separation negatives from color transparencies by enlarging in the darkroom.
- Documentation can take the form of written language transcriptions, audiotapes, photographs, videotapes, video prints, overhead transparencies, and children's productions.
- On this occasion I shot with transparency film, and after dark with ISO 400 colour negative.
- I made transparencies of their original sketches and we used overhead projectors to trace their designs on the walls.
- Each CD contained all the full-color Russian overhead transparencies that I used in my lectures.
- All that's missing is a transparency adapter for converting slides.
- The transcripts were read in the group using overhead transparencies after changing the identifying information.
- One raster pixel image is rendered on paper, and the second image is rendered on transparency film.
- Light micrographs were taken in digital form and as conventional black and white negative and colour transparencies.
- Any person with photographs, transparencies, or film negatives can contribute to this project simply by applying.
- Electronic images, transparencies and glossy prints are acceptable.
- If you're using the images for the web, a flatbed scanner with transparency adapter will do nicely.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.