In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in medicine, gardening)trasplantar
1(be planted again)a shrub that transplants easily — un arbusto fácil de trasplantar
1(operation)trasplante masculinehe's had a heart/kidney transplant — le han hecho un trasplante de corazón/riñón
- hair transplant — transplante capilar
- before noun transplant operation — operación de trasplante
- transplant patient — paciente que ha sido o va a ser sometido a un trasplante
- There are currently researchers working across the country transplanting embryonic stem cells into rats.
- Scientists hope to someday cure disease by transplanting healthy stem cells into sick people.
- Organs routinely are transplanted from one person to another, and even some limb transplants have been successful.
- Mid winter is perfect for repotting your indoor plants since many plants need to be transplanted into larger containers every two to three years.
- Scientists have produced evidence that stem cells from the brain may be among the few tissues that can be transplanted from one body to another with minimal risk of rejection.
- Inoculated seedlings were transplanted into pots containing 180 ml perlite/sand medium.
- Try transplanting a few flowers and herbs, or a pepper plant, into windowsill pots to keep summer around a little longer.
- Since there was no artificial liver or heart equivalent to the artificial kidney, if these transplanted organs did not function immediately, death was inevitable.
- The miniature kidneys and heart tissue were then transplanted back into the cows that the adult cells were taken from.
- Organs transplanted from living donors achieve a greater rate of success than do organs from deceased donors.
- Instead of transplanting an organ, the cells of an organ are being transplanted.
- Seedlings must be transplanted twice before being planted on the slopes where they will be allowed to mature.
- With her cancer cured, the ovarian tissue was transplanted back into her body, and she began ovulating normally again.
- Organs have been successfully transplanted from donors in their 70s and 80s.
- Kidneys were the first organs to be successfully transplanted.
- So now you have 2 great methods for successfully transplanting rose bushes.
- Many different tissues can be transplanted such as whole organs like the heart, or cells as in bone marrow transplantation.
- Now Israeli scientists have successfully transplanted embryonic pig stem cells into mice.
- Commercial growers, incidentally, prefer the dormant plants because they make better runners than plants that are transplanted before they go dormant.
- The following herbicides can be safely applied to labeled newly transplanted stock, with the restrictions noted.
- Even with a human-to-human organ transplant the body's defence mechanisms attempt to destroy the foreign organ.
- Cranberry plants are transplanted to new farm fields in April or May.
- The right side of the liver was transplanted into an adult patient, who also survived.
- If a cadaver liver is available, it can be transplanted into an adult recipient.
- The organs need to be transplanted into the other person within a matter of hours.
- Newly transplanted ornamentals have limited root systems and will be under stress.
- The cost to transplant each tree is about $3,500, excluding arborist services and care and maintenance.
- Flowering bulbs can be transplanted, if done carefully, into decorative containers.
- Seedlings were then transplanted into clay pots and grown under 16-hour days in the University greenhouses.
- Sow vegetables and flowering annual seeds indoors about six weeks before transplanting to the garden.
- You can transplant in the spring up until the plants leaf out.
- Nevertheless, successfully transplanting animal organs into human beings is still a long way off.
- The heart or other organs can be transplanted or kept going by mechanical methodry, but the brain without electrical impulse is useless.
- For perennial plants, cuttings may be planted in situ or in a nursery and later transplanted in spring or summer.
- The extra seedlings can be transplanted but require frequent watering for the first several weeks.
- A few rainy days were spent cleaning up the field, so there are several neat rows and some newly transplanted banana trees.
- Please sign a donor card; physicians will decide whether your organs and tissues can be transplanted.
- The seedlings can be left in these pots until planted into the flowerbeds, or can be transplanted into hanging baskets or window boxes when large enough to handle.
- Set slips deep enough to cover three-fourths of the stem and water them promptly after transplanting to the garden.
- Still, many young, recently transplanted trees are fertilized to prevent nutrient deficiencies and stimulate more rapid growth.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.