1flauta traversa feminineflauta travesera feminine Spain
- Globally, transverse flutes are less common than end-blown or duct flutes.
- The physical process of making sound with a reed is clearly not the same as it is for a transverse flute.
- The simple wooden or reed form of the transverse flute may have also been used in addition to the more regular end blown flutes or whistles.
- The Concerto in D for Traverso (a transverse flute) and the Suite in A Minor for Recorder, Strings, and Basso Continuo are among Telemann's most famous works.
- Some Indian bamboo transverse flutes have holes so far apart that they cannot be properly played by a Westerner.