In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1trampero masculinetrampera femininecazador masculinecazadora femininefur trapper — cazador de pieles masculine
- While I support the hunters and trappers of Illinois, I refuse to support this particularly gruesome hunting method that's been banned in the state for years.
- Thank you for your October 24 letters expressing your opposition to the issuance of a stamp honoring trappers and animal trapping.
- Their participation was crucial because the rural poor are usually exploited as animal trappers.
- This gave him an opportunity to visit various bird sanctuaries in the country and he took part in scientific projects to trap birds using the professional trappers and ring them.
- The committee came to that conclusion after holding three regional meetings with hunters and trappers organizations in the Baffin, Kivalliq and Kitikmeot.
- Reid says hunters and trappers tried to strike a compromise by agreeing to strictly limited hunting and trapping seasons.
- Hunters and trappers described fertile meadows and hills forested with white pine, birch, beech, maple, and hemlock.
- They were mostly hunters, trappers, and woodsmen.
- When the trapper finally comes to collect the animals, they stomp or beat them to death to avoid damaging the pelt.
- A trapper who caught wild birds in the woods around Ongar was convicted and fined £3,000 after an elaborate undercover operation involving the police and the RSPCA.
- In addition, trappers check their trap lines on a daily basis, minimizing the amount of time the animal waits.
- A delegation of East Gippsland farmers will approach Environment Minister John Thwaites to push for more wild dog trappers.
- As the trapper came closer the animal jumped to his feet.
- Even if you believe this, however, the hunters, fishers and trappers still pay far more money that goes directly to wildlife and land management.
- We need to articulate the fact that trappers using foothold traps was essential to this unprecedented reintroduction success.
- They were hunters, trappers, fishermen, and farmers whose ancestors were exiled from Nova Scotia by the British in 1765.
- A survey of Lubicon hunters and trappers found that the numbers of animals had fallen by roughly 90 per cent.
- Canada is synonymous with the fur trade and our history is replete with the stories of trappers, trap lines, and the great fur-trade routes.
- It doesn't matter whether it's our trap, or whether we're using her trap to trap the trapper.
- They had the opportunity to discuss ways to reduce animal suffering with me and other problem animal controllers and trappers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.