In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We can only imagine this was indeed a most traumatic and horrifying discovery for the boy.
- Divorce is traumatic enough without having to wait two years to get your case heard and sort out your life in a courthouse hall.
- It's as painful and traumatic as having a metal probe stuck under your fingernail to pull if off.
- His lack of health was incredibly disturbing and traumatic for all of us, especially a young boy who idolised him.
- Kids who have gone through a traumatic divorce or the loss of a loved one may already be emotionally at risk.
- While still agonizing over this traumatic separation, he is approached by a white man who offers him a picayune.
- His daughter, now a healthy toddler, had open-heart surgery when she was a few weeks old, a time he remembers as traumatic and upsetting.
- For families of victims it is also deeply traumatic watching their loved ones struggle for breath.
- It was the the most painful and traumatic thing I have ever experienced but I am glad I decided to wait it out and see if I could do it naturally.
- Stop reading books about making things work with your wife and read a few about how to make the divorce less traumatic for them.
- It was a deeply traumatic experience anticipating a police dog going berserk in the enclosed space that is Streatham Hill ticket office.
- Let me tell you that throat cancer is not a pretty or a dignified way to go: it is humiliating and painful and traumatic for their families who are left to pick up the pieces.
- And while the trend in the county was less devastating it was nonetheless traumatic.
- This is going to be traumatic and painful and I want to shield myself from it as much as possible.
- For many, the most traumatic and painful part of the disorder is the constant obsession with food and weight.
- The loss of innocence is not only inevitable, but it is also both traumatic and devastating.
- It was a traumatic episode with a distressing cliffhanger.
- Separation and divorce are traumatic experiences for couples, their children and their extended families.
- These are people that are next to you in a traumatic incident and that trust and support and respect has to be there.
- In Miller's case, the event was particularly traumatic, an awful bolt from the blue.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.