In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Miss Sharp said both victims were still deeply traumatised by the experience.
- Children who are traumatized by witnessing or experiencing criminal or family violence often go untreated, said Fink.
- The mental devastation of this experience has seriously traumatized him, leaving him full of fear.
- In addition, Byrne has examined how some offenders may become traumatised by their actions.
- On the other hand, the report says, the boys in the militia mostly felt guilt and shame and are traumatized by their experience.
- Lawyers said the men had been deeply traumatised by their experiences.
- The decision should also take into account a likely traumatising parental experience as in febrile convulsions.
- Of course, most of us experience this as something traumatising, shocking, where you can never be sure.
- One child was so traumatised by the experience she could not stop vomiting and had to be hospitalised.
- She escaped serious injury but, says her mum, remains traumatised by the experience.
- Gardai said the victim was very shocked and traumatised by the ordeal but didn't require hospitalisation.
- Literally thousands more have been traumatized by the direct experience of violence and by the loss of loved ones.
- He survived, but was terribly traumatised by the experience.
- Often too the parents are severely traumatized by the experience of detention, which reduces their ability to parent their children.
- He didn't want to risk that subjects might become stressed or would be traumatized in any way.
- Walter's repeated nightmares also make the point about how offenders can be traumatised by their own offences.
- Writers saw something captivating about trains and the potentially liberating but traumatising experience of riding in them.
- It was among the most unpleasant and traumatizing experiences of my life and deeply underlined my already well-set negative self-image.
- The community of this tranquil village has been shocked and traumatised by this senseless and barbaric crime.
- She said the experience traumatized her kids for life and put a permanent nix on their relationship with their father.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.