In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mareo masculine(pills) (before noun) para el mareo
- Every time I tried to read the motion of the bus seemed to induce travel sickness.
- Ginger is a good way to fight any sort of travel sickness.
- For the majority of sufferers, travel sickness resolves as soon as the journey is completed.
- I told my teachers I suffered from travel sickness.
- Some people find that acupressure bands worn on the wrists are helpful in alleviating symptoms of travel sickness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.