In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It has been a long trek for the women's movement.
- The attack took place along an arduous trek into the wildlife sanctuary on Kapiti Island which is heavily wooded at this time of year.
- He has since been offering rides and taking tourists on treks through the surrounding countryside.
- It has been a long trek since their humble beginnings in the early 1950's, when there were no flights to Namibia from Germany, Europe or America.
- For all their efforts, they were treated to a warm reception in Moran's Pub in Grange where they were able to put their feet up after their trek.
- Now, when he gathers early acorns or leaves, the stuff of our neighborhood treks, we photograph them or draw pictures directly into the journal.
- The trek through the exhibition provided surprising confluences between artists from diverse traditions.
- They are there to help us store fat for our long treks across the desert, so we can go without eating for long periods.
- A long sweep was a four-day trek through the surrounding mountains.
- After work, they can protect my feet once more in my trek of 15 feet back to my car.
- The hill walking training has been necessary as the walk in China involves a rise of 13, 500 feet over the seven-day trek.
- The film also doesn't stint on the darker dimension, as evidenced by the company's several long, arduous treks.
- For people who have been cramped into buses for 12 hours or more, few irritations are worse than discovering there is no hot shower or bed at the end of the trek.
- Although he has been part of several groups in his various adventures in the past, he has spent a great deal of these arduous treks in the company of Sir Ranulf Ffiennes.
- They join the trek to the towns where they look for ‘real’ jobs.
- Currently he is gearing up for a trek through the Panama Canal.
- Named for the 4,672-foot volcanic massif, which from the west appears to have three peaks, the park has a number of trails and hikes, varying from easy strolls to extremely arduous treks.
- Much encouragement had been given her by her family, who will be making the trek to Johannesburg with her later this week.
- Other destinations include Dien Bien Phu, the mountainous province of Lai Chau, Bac Ha and the township of Sapa, with visits to tribal markets and treks on foot to remote villages.
- He managed to get ashore after the Grosvenor was wrecked but did not survive the trek to safety.
1caminarto go trekking in Spain — ir a hacer senderismo en España
- I had to trek all over London looking for the book — tuve que patearme todo Londres buscando el libro
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.