In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1enrejado masculineespaldar masculineespaldera feminine
- In my travels to gardens and farms around the world, I've seen a variety of inventive ways to trellis tomato plants.
- Choose pole beans over bush beans, and trellis them along the back of a container.
- Organic managers adhere to the same basic principles when it comes to selecting a site for a new orchard, choosing rootstocks, pruning, and staking or trellising trees.
- Summer and autumn raspberries are trellised between rhubarb, which is forced in terracotta pots to promote sweetness.
- And if you grow them, I recommend that you trellis them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.