In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1trinchera femininegabardina feminineimpermeable masculine
- I wrestled off my trench coat and hat, throwing them on to the coat hanger.
- For the evening, Bailey offers these shiny variations of the trench coat.
- There was a man in a trench coat, pants, shirt, shoes and sunglasses, all black.
- He was surprised, however, when he stepped right into the path of a smaller man in a trench coat and fedora.
- Standing on the balcony edge, he was dressed in his trench coat, lined with moonlight around the edges.
- The boy on the other hand wore an ankle length black trench coat, with a green ponytail flipped over the coat.
- He stood in front of her in a black trench coat and a matching turtleneck.
- She dresses smart-black pin-stripe trousers, black polo neck with a trench coat.
- He was wearing a long trench coat and an old style hat that had stopped Scott from identifying him.
- I placed my bowler hat on my coat rack, and my black trench coat on the hook.
- There are also sweater coats, coatdresses, trench coats, balmacaans, reefers, princess cuts, and oodles of other descriptive style terms to spin you into a fashionable furious straight jacket, if you should so desire.
- On the crumple sheeted bed is a dirty trench coat and on the trench coat is a carefully placed bible.
- Standing, the man in the black trench coat adjusted the sunglasses that obscured his eyes.
- Thus the campy prose style and the author photo in trench coat and fedora.
- He rushed toward the coat rack, grabbing his trench coat and slipping it on.
- Wear it with a trendy leather jacket and jeans for everyday occasions, or with a dressier trench coat for work.
- Love all the trench coats, especially the white trench coat with the subtle Burberry print on it.
- She reached inside and pulled out a black trench coat lined with faux fur at the neck, the sleeves, and the hem.
- They have a patent leather version of a fifties style trench coat and their own interpretation of the current high school craze.
- We entered as another servant took my soft tan fur coat; Jarred handed them his black trench coat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.