In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1trinchera femininegabardina feminineimpermeable masculine
- For the evening, Bailey offers these shiny variations of the trench coat.
- He was surprised, however, when he stepped right into the path of a smaller man in a trench coat and fedora.
- I wrestled off my trench coat and hat, throwing them on to the coat hanger.
- She dresses smart-black pin-stripe trousers, black polo neck with a trench coat.
- They have a patent leather version of a fifties style trench coat and their own interpretation of the current high school craze.
- On the crumple sheeted bed is a dirty trench coat and on the trench coat is a carefully placed bible.
- The boy on the other hand wore an ankle length black trench coat, with a green ponytail flipped over the coat.
- He was wearing a long trench coat and an old style hat that had stopped Scott from identifying him.
- He stood in front of her in a black trench coat and a matching turtleneck.
- There was a man in a trench coat, pants, shirt, shoes and sunglasses, all black.
- He rushed toward the coat rack, grabbing his trench coat and slipping it on.
- We entered as another servant took my soft tan fur coat; Jarred handed them his black trench coat.
- Wear it with a trendy leather jacket and jeans for everyday occasions, or with a dressier trench coat for work.
- Thus the campy prose style and the author photo in trench coat and fedora.
- I placed my bowler hat on my coat rack, and my black trench coat on the hook.
- Love all the trench coats, especially the white trench coat with the subtle Burberry print on it.
- There are also sweater coats, coatdresses, trench coats, balmacaans, reefers, princess cuts, and oodles of other descriptive style terms to spin you into a fashionable furious straight jacket, if you should so desire.
- Standing on the balcony edge, he was dressed in his trench coat, lined with moonlight around the edges.
- Standing, the man in the black trench coat adjusted the sunglasses that obscured his eyes.
- She reached inside and pulled out a black trench coat lined with faux fur at the neck, the sleeves, and the hem.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.