In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1persona de buen comer feminine
- You were always a fastidious trencherman, and struck fear into the hearts of many a maître d' and wine waiter, but when they knew you, they adored you.
- Austrians are famous trenchermen, and are not known for holding back when the dinner gong sounds.
- They had prepared a special menu for the opening, obviously with true trenchermen in mind.
- Then I sat back in this clean, well-lighted space, with its idealized fish-camp decor, and felt as pleased with myself as all the practiced trenchermen at surrounding tables.
- Tim is an all-encompassing trencherman, as generous to himself as he is to others.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.