- The invention relates to a method and apparatus for trephining corneal tissue in preparation for keratoplasty.
- An instrument that acts like a cookie cutter, called a trephine, cuts a precise circular shape.
- The only difference in processing of the BM core and clot was decalcification of the trephine core biopsy.
- The bone marrow aspirate was similar to the trephine, with 15% of blasts showing monocytoid differentiation together with an absolute monocytosis and mild dyserythropoiesis.
- In 2 cases, a bone marrow trephine biopsy was also available for examination.
- The instrument for this is still called a trephine.