In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Permian and Triassic plutonic complexes comprise monzonite, granite, granodiorite or tonalite with minor gabbro and diorite.
- Implicit in this emplacement model is that the Permian and Triassic plutonic complexes are tabular granites with length and width dimensions that are much greater than their thickness.
- Low-angle unconformities can be observed between the Triassic and Jurassic rocks at outcrop scale.
- Uppermost Permian and Triassic terrestrial sediments conformably overlie the terminal volcanic rocks.
- In the Mesozoic section, a Triassic basin, up to 1800 m thick and roughly circular in map view, is centred SW of the present uplifted Bishri block.
1the Triassic — el triásico
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.