In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1miembro de una tribu masculine
- After the Arab conquest during the 7th century Arab tribesmen settled in Lebanon.
- Gillison seems in her element in uncharted jungles, among indigenous tribesmen and curious expats.
- They were once thriving tribesmen that ranged all across southern Africa.
- Most victims were migrants from other parts of Indonesia who became the target of local tribesmen venting their anger on the police.
- They're mostly Egyptian tribesmen with connections to the Arabs living in Palestine.
- The policy weakens the tribesman's faith in British fair play.
- There are Arabs, Uzbeks and Chechens and local tribesmen among the captives.
- Other tribesmen were approaching from all around him.
- The status of the book was a dramatic illustration of the fact that the language of the tribesmen of Arabia had become that of a major Eurasian civilization.
- Now all the city notables and tribesmen have to build all sorts of new relationships with new foreign peace enforcers.
- Chechen tribesmen figure prominently in the works of some major Russian 19th century writers.
- On hearing of his misdeeds, the ‘witch’ has no trouble believing that he is indeed the cause of his tribesman's misfortunes.
- They are as keenly felt by the African tribesman as by the European city-dweller, by the inhabitant of a Latin American shanty-town as by the resident of a Manhattan apartment.
- Many African tribesmen routinely bagged their game by following it until it tired and they could kill it easily.
- Abu, an African tribesman, befriends Harry after saving him from certain death and speaks perfect English.
- Tutsi guerrilla fighters would not let me catch so much as a feral chicken in a countryside swarming with the livestock of their murdered fellow tribesmen.
- Towns were regarded as tribes, therefore when someone from Najaf killed a tribesman, the tribe would avenge the murdered by murdering another Najafi.
- Tens of thousands of Turkmen tribesmen swarmed across Asia Minor, and within a decade the empire had lost most of its grain and more than half its manpower.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.