In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1frase con la cual en la noche de Halloween los niños amenazan con una jugarreta si no reciben un regalo
- Unlike trick or treat, Mischief Night is a long-standing British tradition.
- I've figured out how to put the trick in trick or treat.
- Invite all your friends and ask them to bring a carved pumpkin and plenty of trick or treat goodies.
- When they play trick or treat, they throw broken eggs all over your doorstep if you don't give them something.
- There was a great display of spooky costumes in Clonaslee on Sunday, October 31 as local children went on their trick or treat rounds.
- At 7.30 pm recently we had an insistent ringing on the door by children dressed for trick or treat.
- It's definitely a case of trick or treat this weekend depending on where you're going in Wales.
- Extra police patrols will also be brought in to crack down on anyone who goes over the top while playing trick or treat.
- Police spokeswoman Alvina Kumar said: "Each year we receive complaints, particularly from elderly people who find trick or treat upsetting".
- Staffordshire Police is urging parents to dissuade their children from taking part in the Halloween activity known as trick or treat.
- This Halloween have all that candy ready for trick or treat and a scary movie already in the DVD player.
- Today is the day for trick or treat.
- A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said unaccompanied children out after dark could be vulnerable any night of the year and that trick or treat night made them no safer.
- The police chief superintendent has warned that trick or treat could be considered a serious criminal offence.
- In response to Mrs Speedie's letter regarding trick or treat, all I can say is "Bah Humbug!"
- The centre is holding a week of scary celebrations ending with a trick or treat day on Friday.
- As an elderly person who does not want to open the door at night to strangers, trick or treat can be a nightmare.
- Extra police will patrol Stockport at Halloween after complaints about trick or treat kids.
- It's trick or treat time all this month in Salem, Massachusetts, the seaport north of Boston.
1to go trick or treating — salir a recorrer casas amenazando con una jugarreta si no se recibe un regalo
- Mr Tout accuses me of blaming children from Westbury Junior School for all misbehaviour during ' trick or treating ' at Halloween.
- Children should not be allowed out trick or treating on their own.
- Children who go trick or treating on Halloween are " siding with the devil ", a church group has claimed.
- Parents were warned not to let their children go out trick or treating alone.
- For safety reasons children should never trick or treat alone or go into strangers ' homes.
- Kids are going to go trick-or-treating tomorrow night all over America.
- The party started alright, and then about 15 of us decided to go trick or treating.
- My friends make fun of me because I still want to go trick-or-treating on Halloween.
- Trick or treating was a neighborhood thing, not a shopping mall thing.
- The fact that kids had lost the freedom to enjoy trick or treating saddened Michael.
- My little boy wanted to go begging - sorry, trick or treating.
- We went to a Pumpkin Farm and the kids went real trick or treating.
- You see, we don't have any tradition of "trick or treating" here in the UK.
- I imagine he'd be a fun person to go trick or treating with come Halloween.
- Parents are also being reminded to take extra precautions if their children were planning to go trick-or-treating.
- Our community is the sort where children go trick or treating on Hallowe'en.
- Sadly, the days of trick or treating are over.
- Goodies for trick-or-treating, hay rides, movie, haunted bus ride.
- Body lights are wonderful for making trick-or-treating a safer experience.
- Rebekka wasn't in the mood to go trick or treating that year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.