In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There is even a traffic warden controlled area where pupils who do not park their tricycles and other play vehicles properly get parking tickets.
- Previously, bicycles and tricycles had been allowed to enter the road before 7am and after 5am every day and the whole day at weekends.
- Next to the door was a tricycle with a missing wheel, and no handlebars.
- She had to dodge three tricycles, a bike, and about five variations of blowup balls just to get to his front porch.
- A little boy on a tricycle darted out in front of them from behind a white picket fence but quickly turned and pedaled away when he noticed them standing above him.
- The first one was a picture of a little boy on a tricycle in front of a small house.
- Ask for what you really want - a tricycle for Junior to ride that's so hot you'll be proud to park it in the garage.
- Bicycles and tricycles have ferried man around town for decades.
- Cyclists and delivery tricycles dart in and out of the traffic, threatening the pristine paint jobs of such exotic cars.
- As he was being taken to hospital in a tricycle, men in army fatigues stopped the vehicle and demanded to know if the wounded man was Beltran.
- In their garage are six bicycles and one tricycle but not one car.
- Bicycles, tricycles, scooters and cars are involved in getting water from far and near.
- Besides bicycles, many families took tricycles from farther counties.
- He is on a tricycle and only on one wheel at that, so his position on the pedestal is a bit unbalanced.
- And third wheels were only good for tricycles and wheelbarrows.
- Medium-sized ones include a tricycle or bicycle, scooter, or first in-line skates.
- Penny-farthings, tricycles and scooters can be seen in this section.
- Bicycles and tricycles with heavy-laden trailers come at you from all angles, and on every street corner someone sits offering a vital puncture-repair service.
- The local Society is also looking for a child's tricycle or bicycle with stabilisers on loan for a month.
- Later, Rama's brother removed the wheels from her tricycle and fixed them to his bicycle.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.