In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(of gun)gatillo masculineto pull / squeeze the trigger — apretar el gatillo
- to have one's finger on the trigger — tener el dedo en el gatillo
- Don't pull the trigger when the safety is engaged or positioned anywhere between safe and fire.
- The pan cover either slid open automatically upon the trigger being pulled or had to be slid open manually first.
- Colt's answer was a design that prevents the pistol from firing unless the trigger is depressed.
- The teacher sighed and quickly pulled the trigger of the shotgun as an explosive noise ran to all directions.
- There is a manual trigger block safety catch located on the left/rear of the frame.
- He wrestled his finger free from the trigger and turned to fire again.
- He chuckled and pulled the trigger, firing at the targets even though he wasn't in the booths.
- Now he just had to pull the trigger to launch the missile.
- Many handbow archers use sights, and latches with triggers called mechanical releases.
- A trick here is to release the trigger before pulling the gun away to avoid excess caulk oozing out.
- Before you pull the trigger, be absolutely sure of your target and what's behind it.
- Your finger may straighten with a snap - like a trigger being pulled and released.
- The starter nodded, plugged his ear and pulled the trigger on the shotgun.
- As you said, it's perhaps a trigger for a nuclear device and for a dirty bomb as well.
- When released by the gun's mechanical triggers, the coil spring strikers trip a rocker that impacts the firing pin.
- Bullets impacted the floor around me as I pulled the trigger and fired back.
- Both eyes wide open I fumbled for the trigger and fired off three shots.
- Taking vigilant aim she pulled the hammer back seized the trigger and fired.
- Press the trigger to fire, and the missile is on its way, its own IR seeker taking over.
- As he moved to pull the trigger I caught a flash of movement behind him.
1.2(of camera, machine)disparador masculine
2(catalyst)detonante masculinetrigger for sth — detonante de algo
- it can be a trigger for an asthmatic reaction — puede provocar reacciones asmáticas
- Plus, there aren't any triggers or events in the scenarios, and so the only thing that makes them play differently is the map they take place on, but the maps are a joke.
- People search endlessly for a psychological trigger, for a cause, but it can be unhelpful because often there isn't one.
- Repeatedly low readings in a certain situation may indicate the trigger.
- There is still much speculation concerning initiating triggers.
- The answers to these questions will help you identify some of the reasons for the decision you made, to help you identify triggers, or situations that may be difficult for you.
- Imagining the ridiculous trigger for the situation, Mallory shook her head in bewilderment.
- The event acts as a trigger or catalyst, which catapults them into an awareness of this phenomena.
- There is a great deal of debate surrounding the causes or triggers of trichotillomania, complicated by its heterogeneity.
- The election was probably the trigger for the latest wave of terror attacks.
- Your child's triggers will determine what steps you need to take to prevent asthma flare-ups where you're staying.
- If you know exactly what sets you off, you can be mindful of it and remind yourself of the best ways to react in a trigger situation.
- Anger triggers are situations in which expectations of fair play are violated.
- If certain events are identified as triggers, it may be easier to deal with the stress of them.
- Elements such as the circle also contain their own event triggers to tie scripts to the elements.
- All these triggers may also cause a relapse in a patient recovering from ME.
- Other triggers include bright lights, stressful situations, and other illnesses such as a cold or stomach bug.
- This was intended to be a constructive process, not a trigger for criticism, blame, or ill considered actions.
- It has also codified a number of issues such as retrenchment and dismissal which were previously major strike triggers.
- Event triggers and in-game cinematics will then guide you although you will determine how a mission will be accomplished.
- Environmental situations, some chemicals and foods, and a host of other situations are patient-specific triggers.
1(response/reaction) provocar(revolt) desencadenar(revolt) hacer estallar
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.