In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(negotiations) tripartito(negotiations) trilateral
- It is not without reason that China is serving as the host of the ongoing trilateral negotiations between the US, China and North Korea in Beijing.
- Bulgaria, Greece and Russia signed on April 12 a trilateral memorandum on the construction of the Bourgas-Alexandroupolis oil pipeline.
- With a total population of 1.3 billion people in these countries, the IBSA initiative promises huge benefits in trilateral exchange as a south-south free trade zone emerges.
- Bilateral agreements were also signed such as those between Chile and Argentina, and between Mexico and Venezuela, as well as the trilateral agreement involving Venezuela, Argentina and Mexico.
- The latter two demand a trilateral agreement over the share of the waters, and, indeed, representatives of the three countries have met several times for this purpose.
- We, after all, have a trilateral commission, between Pakistan, Afghanistan and the United States to share intelligence along the border regions.
- This led to President Jimmy Carter's invitation to President Sadat and Prime Minister Begin to join him in trilateral negotiations at Camp David.
- The trilateral memorandum for the construction of the oil pipeline will be signed in Sofia by April 15, a tripartite committee of Bulgaria, Russia, and Greece has decided in Moscow.
- Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines sealed a trilateral security pact on Tuesday in an attempt to bolster cooperation to combat terrorism and cross-border crime.
- As part of the trilateral summit, Purvanov discussed the political and economic relations between Bulgaria and Greece at his meeting with Simitis on Friday.
- So can I take you back a bit to talk a bit more, if you wouldn't mind, about that sort of trilateral relationship - Washington, Canberra, London - that's developed.
- Rome and Madrid were hardly enthusiastic about the trilateral meeting in Berlin, although it was billed as ‘informal.’
- The two heads of state discussed the idea of a trilateral meeting at which the presidents of Bulgaria, Albania and Macedonia would discuss all matters related to Corridor VIII.
- The commitments of Labour and Social Policy Ministry under this agreement include that it motion amendments to labour legislation after trilateral negotiations.
- She said when she met Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra Tuesday evening, the Thai leader agreed to join the trilateral pact as the fourth party.
- A source familiar with the trilateral meeting said the three countries decided to reject North Korea's call for including energy and economic assistance to Pyongyang in the envisaged statement.
- A provision to this effect is available in a draft trilateral agreement on cooperation in the transportation of nuclear materials, which was approved by the Council of Ministers last Thursday.
- The Russian president chose Kaliningrad for a trilateral meeting!
- However, the disputed 5000 square kilometer territory of the State ceded by Pakistan to China has to be subjected to trilateral talks - China, Pakistan and India for a final resolution.
- While officials predicted ‘little concrete progress’ from yesterday's trilateral meetings, a deadline of sorts was given.
- Of trilateral figures, an equilateral triangle is that which has its three sides equal, an isosceles triangle, that which has two of its sides equal, and a scalene triangle, that which has its three sides unequal.
- Yet the trilateral filter requires only one user-set parameter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.