In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There will also be a preview on Thursday, November 13, of a trilogy of short films based on Oscar Wilde's famous children stories.
- This isn't just a film, or a trilogy, it's cinema history.
- Of the films in the trilogy, two were shot in the pre-Emergency period and the last one came out in 1975.
- It was the third volume of the trilogy which received the greatest popular and critical acclamation at the time of publication.
- One of last year's great discoveries was a furious trilogy of forgotten plays from the first world war.
- Firstly, he decided on a trilogy and to film it in one epic shoot.
- People say it's the greatest trilogy ever filmed!
- This is the first of what is to be a trilogy on the First World War.
- There are some mysteries in the trilogy that you don't fully explain.
- Although it is tempting to make this series a trilogy, I think that it's time I retired these characters and started fresh again.
- This trilogy of works may well be seen as Rodney's major book-length contributions to medieval history.
- It is a classic example of a series in which there was a vague idea of a trilogy, but that never really came together until after the success of the first film.
- Even back then, they insisted on making a trilogy of films, a tactic that seems to have been partially inspired by their reading too many comics as kids.
- The film is a trilogy of tales, though the structure pays very little mind to that structure, opening and closing with a connected gag.
- This ratio was worked out for the first film when the trilogy's success was still unknown and while Jackson packed less punch in Hollywood.
- The results, as throughout the trilogy, are delightful.
- It is the first of a trilogy of films based on JRR Tolkien's books.
- That was part of the trilogy of plays I was going to do about the burning down of Harlem and the movement of people back south.
- Many of the books there are part of a trilogy or an extended series.
- But yes, I had geeky fun and will see the three films back-to-back at the trilogy's first marathon screening.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.