In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Between 50 and 80 percent of women experience nausea and vomiting during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Transmission of the organism to the fetus usually takes place in the third trimester of pregnancy.
- In terms of congenital defects, the first trimester of pregnancy is the exposure period of interest.
- Women in the first trimester of pregnancy who were undergoing medical abortion were the participants.
- Normal values for ambulatory blood pressure in the pregnant population are available, and the changes in pressure which occur during the trimesters of pregnancy and in the postpartum period have been defined.
- It may be more obvious in women taking oral contraceptives and during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy.
- The doctor will carefully track the size and well-being of the fetus, especially during the third trimester of pregnancy.
- Additional information, such as use during pregnancy, can be monitored, and data on the use of certain drugs during the first trimester of pregnancy have been published.
- Because of normal variations in the size of infants during the third trimester, dating the pregnancy during this period is less reliable.
- More American women than ever are getting prenatal care in their first trimester of pregnancy.
- Her mother, an anaesthetist, is in the second trimester of pregnancy.
- Weeks 0 to 13 are known as the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Some cases of cerebral palsy are caused by brain damage during the last trimester of pregnancy or around the time of birth.
- Folic acid supplements are recommended for women trying to conceive and during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Placental tissue of a foetus aborted during the first trimester of pregnancy was tested for CMV infection.
- In the second pregnancy trimester abnormal amniotic fetal cells can be detected.
- The researchers also found that cold temperatures in the third trimester of pregnancy caused birthweight to drop.
- There is no evidence that vaccination in the first trimester of pregnancy is unsafe.
- Mothers were interviewed during the third trimester of pregnancy and one year after the birth.
- Women who will be beyond the first trimester of pregnancy during the influenza season should receive the vaccination.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.