In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1domingo de la Santísima Trinidad masculine
- It begins with Trinity Sunday and extends through the Reign of Christ / Christ the King Sunday.
- Unlike Easter, Pentecost, Christmas or Epiphany, Trinity Sunday, has no narrative, no biblical story to ground us in space and time.
- All those daunted by the next sermon for Trinity Sunday will benefit from his exposition!
- The full ‘Trinitarian formula,’ which, most likely, makes this text the choice for Trinity Sunday, is a later development of the New Testament church.
- At times churches have come to Trinity Sunday and have not given it the attention that it deserves.
- The parish community extend sincere good wishes and support to Fr. Tomas Surlis, Tubbercurry, who was ordained to the priesthood on Trinity Sunday, in Tubbercurry Church.
- The point of Trinity Sunday is not to try to figure out a mathematical or metaphysical puzzle.
- Appropriately, these were held on the weekend of Trinity Sunday, usually in June.
- The church was called The Church of the Holy Trinity and the Patron Day was traditionally held on Trinity Sunday.
- In Christian gatherings, if Spirit is mentioned, it is usually something of an afterthought-a bow to the Trinity on Trinity Sunday, or in a supercharged-almost apologetic-way on the Day of Pentecost.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.