In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1triple salto (de longitud) masculine
- In her senior year, won state championship in 300m hurdles, 100m hurdles, triple jump, and long jump
- Meanwhile, Tatyana added long jump gold to the triple jump title she won on Saturday.
- We're used to the triple jump and pole vault, having watched them for years.
- Jessie has a different kind of track record, following a successful GB junior athletics career, concentrating on the heptathlon and triple jump events.
- The star performer was Rachel who won the javelin, triple jump, high jump and 100m hurdles.
- Women compete in the 100m, 800m, 1500m, 400m hurdles, high jump and triple jump.
- I like athletics and do the long jump, triple jump and 100m.
- Her triple jump of 10.35 metres won her the athlete of the match award.
- She completed her medal haul with long jump and triple jump silvers, jumping 4. 27m and 9. 32m respectively.
- The Athens site has a 400-meter, six-lane, all-weather track with pole vault and high jump pits and long jump and triple jump runways.
- He gave Britain its first gold of the World Championships with a stunning performance in the triple jump.
- It's not like learning the pole vault or triple jump.
- Both veterans gained significant amount of points for the men's team in their respective events, the high jump and triple jump, with third place finishes.
- He competed in the triple jump and pole vault in high school as well as diving, football and wrestling.
- He won the standing long jump, the standing high jump and the standing triple jump at the 1900 and 1904 Olympics in Paris and St Louis, respectively.
- He has shown that, even at the age of 35, he can continue to dominate the triple jump event for years to come.
- In the dying moments of the championships Edwards saw his triple jump hopes dashed by a succession of incredible jumps from his rivals.
- In the long jump, triple jump and pole vault, horizontal velocity is crucial to performance, so head winds will reduce the size of the jump while tail winds will assist the jumper.
- Events, for boys and girls, included relays, long jump, triple jump, target shoot, overhead ball throw, javelin, speed bounce and balance.
- He won the world youth triple jump crown in 2001 and has been tipped for future success.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.