In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- So far, however, most of the alternatives to hexavalent chromium-based passivations are trivalent chromium based.
- Administration of trivalent licensed antitoxin or heptavalent botulinum may prevent or decrease a patient's progression to respiratory failure and hasten recovery.
- These viruses have been studied as monovalent, bivalent and trivalent formulations and consist of live viruses that induce minimal symptoms and replicate poorly at temperatures found in the lower respiratory tract.
- In water treatment, the ion exchange resin which is used is usually more selective for divalent and trivalent ions, which is practical since the problematic ions are usually one of the two.
- It may also appear in other locations in patients who have undergone treatment with immunosuppressive drugs or who have been exposed to organic trivalent arsenic compounds or tars.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.