In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1esposa trofeo feminine informal derogatory
- She's a classic trophy wife - beautiful, half his age, and not worth engaging (at least in his opinion) in conversation.
- No offense, but you don't fit the bill of a trophy wife.
- She's a young trophy wife, and owes money to a pornographer, and is also involved with a group of German nihilists.
- A trophy wife smart enough to not ask questions waits at home with his cute kid.
- Suddenly, Uncle Phil shows up for a visit in Brooklyn with his trophy wife.
- I know some people probably consider me to be a trophy wife - when they meet me they realise that's not the case.
- As a result he brings home £9.9m a year, and a trophy wife.
- ‘We're keeping him away from the news,’ answered the trophy wife.
- He had it all - a blonde trophy wife, a house in the Hollywood Hills, an Olympic-size pool and a credit-rating that made me drool.
- Isabelle was more of a trophy wife, something Felix just wasn't looking for.
- After he finishes school he'll have the charisma and intelligence he needs to get a good job, make tons of money, and land a trophy wife.
- Stock characters, such as the lazy, donut-eating cop, the money-hungry trophy wife, and the patronising aristocrat are over-inflated to the point of explosion, thus rendered harmless.
- Seven years down the line, Charlie has a trophy wife, two lovely kids, a mansion, agent and is minted beyond his wildest dreams.
- And when they hit 50, biology kicks in, propelling the greying Lotharios to either fall back in love with their wives or start over again with a younger trophy wife.
- The old paradigm of the trophy wife of the high-flying male is quietly beginning to recede.
- From the tawdry reality of the trophy wife to the sinister threat of the smiling clown, the show is underpinned by pathos.
- With his trophy wife at his side, he's determined to garner the nomination, no matter how dirty he has to play.
- Each character has her own trait, from the man-eating divorcee to the frustrated career woman turned ‘mom’ and the trophy wife who has a penchant for sexy gardeners.
- Please Jack, don't fall victim to the lure of cash and a trophy wife.
- Tommy is a jaded veteran attracted to his father's sexy trophy wife.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.