In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Our data demonstrate that factors in addition to the amount of PrP expressed determine the tropism of prions for certain tissues.
- This protein is embedded in and extends exterior to the viral lipid membrane and is primarily responsible for host cell receptor binding and host cell tropism.
- It has a wide cell tropism and remains extra-chromosomal, therefore minimising the risk of insertional mutagenesis.
- Clearly, such a rise in genetic diversity may also have important phenotypic implications, such as the emergence of viruses with altered antigenicity, virulence, or tissue tropism.
- An envelope glycoprotein on the surface is thought to be responsible for mediating viral entry into cells, tissue tropism, and host range.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.