In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Buildingpaleta femininellana feminine
- Use a putty knife or a small notched trowel to apply adhesive to the back of the tile - your tile dealer can help you with the right adhesive for your situation - and press the tile into place.
- The most common finish for interiors has a smooth finish created by running a flat trowel over the top.
- The technique is very simple, use a rubber faced trowel to spread the grout and a cotton cloth to clean the excess grout from the tiles afterwards.
- As you lay the bricks, use the edge of the trowel to cut off excess mortar; this can be returned to the mortarboard.
- Using a notched trowel and working in small sections, spread 1/4 inch of grout or tile adhesive on the table surface.
- Pour the liquid latex into the sand and cement mixture and mix it completely with a trowel or other tool.
- Crevice trowels have the narrowest blades, about 1 1/4 inches wide.
- Plasters and stuccos are spread by hand or trowel, or sprayed on with a mechanical sprayer or pump.
- Using your chalk line as a guide, spread the mortar with a notched trowel over a 2x5-foot section of the floor.
- In some cases an additional texture coat of finish material is applied over the initial finish coat and tooled with a trowel or other tool.
- Once the tile is flexible, apply adhesive to the floor with a notched trowel and drop the tile into place.
- Use a small trowel to spread plaster onto a piece of muslin.
- Technically, you are supposed to spread the adhesive with a notched trowel.
- Using a notched trowel, spread the adhesive over one square area, not going over the reference lines of that area.
- Wet the joint and then apply new mortar into the joint with a small masonry trowel or putty knife.
- It's a veritable hardware store of saw blades, pickaxe blades, trowels and awls.
- For shallow or small repairs, use a wide putty knife or trowel to apply a vinyl patching compound in multiple layers as directed by the maker.
- Using a trowel, apply plaster over the hole covering the patch and filling the entire hole.
- Spread the adhesives on the wall using the flat side of the trowel.
- Remove the bricks and use a pointed trowel to apply mortar to the concrete base, but do not go beyond the chalk lines.
2(for gardening)desplantador masculinepalita feminine
- Hand-weed with a trowel tip or soil knife, making sure to get the roots, which are especially irksome in dry soil.
- Use a small trowel or soil knife to dig a hole slightly larger than the herb's pot and collect the soil in a bucket.
- Imagine being able to go outside in February and March and actually use a rototiller, or better yet, use a hand trowel.
- When visiting, bring a pot or two of tulips and a trowel.
- As a test, check soil moisture just before the system is due to come on by using a soil probe or digging down 3 to 6 inches (depending on size of plant) with a trowel.
- Use a trowel or dibber to make a hole twice their size and plant with the flat base at the bottom.
- The gardener has done magnificent work - and it seems strange to use that term for the old scientist who is equally at home with his hydroponics and gene-fixing as with fertilisers and a trowel.
- As you slide out the trowel, push any scattered soil back into the hole, then water the area to settle the soil.
- Small hand trowels, secateurs or a new pair of gardening gloves are also favourites.
- To help you determine planting depths and plant spacing, garden trowels often come with measurements right on the metal.
- Many of his clients are recently retired baby boomers who have given up their fancy threads and skyscraper offices for gloves, a trowel, and a garden in the country.
- Remove a core of soil from the lawn with a trowel or shovel and measure the depth of the thatch, which is the layer of dead grass above the soil line.
- Dig into the top 2 to 3 inches of soil with a trowel.
- Julia continues to dig deeper with a small shovel, a garden trowel.
- If the kids are old enough to garden, they can usually manage to use a hand trowel and fork.
- If this happens, loosen the soil with a trowel and replant the bulb, taking care not to damage the roots.
- Within five minutes the computer was inside my briefcase, and I was walking out to the vegetable garden with a trowel in my hand and a grin on my face.
- Chris sighed and kept on digging his trowel into the earth.
- In the car, I keep small pots and a trowel in a cardboard box and I did dig some native plants from wet ditches for bog plants.
- Probably one of the most-used small tools is the trowel, which is ideal for digging small holes for planting and transplanting annuals, vegetables and other smaller plants.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.