1ausentismo escolar masculine
- Going on holiday without a school's permission is tantamount to truancy, said the junior education minister.
- A national crackdown on truancy has seen fast-track court action against parents of hardcore truants.
- Officials suggested some of the rise in truancy was due to headteachers getting tough, leading to more recorded cases.
- Other funds are aimed at developing alternatives to exclusion from schools if pupils are involved in bullying or truancy.
- Last year's figures were better, with one of the lowest growths in truancy for a long time, but still showed a slight increase.