In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine fideicomisariofeminine fideicomisariamasculine fiduciariofeminine fiduciariamasculine síndicofeminine síndica
- Lawyers and trustees have statutory and other legal obligations but are still fiduciaries.
- The wife remained dependent on the trustees and could not control the property herself.
- This is certain to give the new board of trustees a legal edge over its competitors.
- All three schemes were regulated by trust deeds or rules which conferred on the trustees wide powers of investment.
- She later won a legal settlement against the trustee board for breach of contract.
2(of institution)miembro del consejo de administración masculineboard of trustees — consejo de administración masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.