In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ligadura de trompas feminineligado de trompas masculine
- A tubal ligation is a surgical sterilization technique for women in which the fallopian tubes are closed or tied.
- The surgeon also completed a tubal ligation during the procedure.
- None the less, for various reasons, vasectomy procedures are less common than tubal ligation procedures in most countries.
- Female sterilisation involves blocking or cutting the fallopian tubes that carry the egg from the ovaries to the womb, a procedure known as tubal ligation.
- Operations on women are commonly called tubal ligation, as the procedures aim to occlude or ‘ligate’ the Fallopian tubes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.