In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
Medicine Anatomy Botany
- When this happens, the bacteria become encapsulated in tiny tubercles (round lesions) usually in the lungs which may be seen on a chest X-ray.
- The blood supply of the scaphoid comes from the radial artery, feeding the bone on the dorsal surface near the tubercle and scaphoid waist.
- In the male, the genital tubercle is located adjacent to and caudal to the umbilicus, whereas the genital tubercle in the female is located just ventral to the tail.
- Tuberculoma is a mass of granulation tissue made up of a conglomeration of microscopic small tubercles.
- Its fibers pass dorsally from an extensive anterior attachment to insert on the pharyngeal raphe, the pharyngeal tubercle of the occipital bone.
- Even on the bare question of the presence or absence of tubercle in a lung it often fails us; on questions of the age, extent, distribution and histological character of the tuberculous lesions it can tell us little.
- The disease causes these tubercles to become yellow and spongy and coughing fits causes them to be spat out by the sufferer.
- A terminal segment includes a tubercle that projects dorsally and an anus.
- The tubercles have rounded surface and irregular shape.
- Responding to the invasion, macrophages may huddle with other immune cells to form little nodules called granulomas, or tubercles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.