In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The tuberculin skin test is used to diagnose latent tuberculosis infection, but it requires two visits and skilled personnel for test placement and interpretation.
- Tuberculin skin testing with tuberculin purified protein derivative is used to screen persons for latent tuberculosis infection.
- All pregnant patients with HIV infection should also undergo tuberculin skin testing as part of their routine prenatal care.
- The usual screening test for tuberculosis is the Mantoux skin test with five tuberculin units of purified protein derivative.
- Sputum culture and smears, tuberculin testing, and radiography are all essentially 19th century inventions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.