In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There are few medicines used to treat diseases like malaria, tuberculosis and polio that have patents on them now.
- Cervical lymph nodal enlargement is common to both tuberculosis and malignancy.
- Early diagnosis of tuberculosis is an important arm in the control of tuberculosis.
- All three reactions with early pustule formation indicate concurrent tuberculosis.
- Spinal caries, known as Pott's Disease, is tuberculosis of the spinal column.
- Crowded housing encouraged the spread of tuberculosis and infectious diseases such as measles.
- The loss of the plant led to thousands of children dying from malaria, tuberculosis and other treatable diseases.
- The majority of the people she sees are suffering from malaria, tuberculosis and skin diseases.
- Fixed dose drugs have proved successful in treating malaria and tuberculosis.
- He said nanomachines could eventually be used to cure diseases such as tuberculosis and malaria.
- Skeletal tuberculosis is a haematogenous infection and affects almost all bones.
- Two diseases intrigued her: tuberculosis and leprosy, both of which are caused by mycobacteria.
- This is the first mathematical model to study disease trend of tuberculosis in India.
- He died of tuberculosis, a disease from which he had suffered for many years.
- Malnutrition was rife, as were diseases such as tuberculosis and smallpox.
- Malaria and tuberculosis were dealt with in the little dispensary.
- A person may have had an infection with tuberculosis without being aware.
- She's diabetic, and only has one lung after contracting tuberculosis at an early age.
- The children then succumb to diseases like tuberculosis, pneumonia and meningitis.
- He worked on typhoid fever and tuberculosis a disease he contracted himself.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.