- On the basis of the available data, albeit limited, adjunctive corticosteroid therapy with dexamethasone is recommended for all patients, particularly those with a decreased level of consciousness, with tuberculous meningitis.
- However, doctors quickly became suspicious about her symptoms and it was discovered that she was in fact suffering from a rare form of tuberculous meningitis.
- Mona had tuberculous meningitis when she was 12, she tells me.
- A number of studies have examined the role of corticosteroid therapy for tuberculous pleural effusions, but only two have been prospective, double blind, and randomized.
- Central nervous system tuberculosis includes tuberculous meningitis (the most common presentation), intracranial tuberculomas, and spinal tuberculous arachnoiditis.