In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1formal(instruction)clases femininetuition in sth — clases de algo
- she's having private tuition — está tomando / le están dando clases particulares
- As the law stands, a person on the register is barred from teaching in state schools but not from private tuition.
- At this time he earned a living giving private tuition and teaching in schools.
- It is during this month that the parents start scouting for new schools and new tuition teachers.
- All names are placed in a hat and eight lucky names pulled are invited on stage for individual impromptu tuition.
- The student union has also taken a stance opposing all differential tuition fees.
- But we are also worried that tuition fees will discourage young people from studying.
- For now, where can you go to get Latin tuition for primary school children?
- Many students already pay their tuition fees with loans, which they pay back later after graduation.
- Pupils had top tuition from an Olympic artist and may even get to display their work in Athens next month.
- The government introduced tuition fees too quickly not giving individuals time to save money to pay for them.
- Germany has almost two million students in higher education, the majority of whom do not pay any tuition fees.
- Schooling consisting of private tuition for one hour a week is a very poor education.
- At his new school Thomas was classed as a special needs pupil and given extra educational support and tuition.
- The scholarship, though, covered only his tuition fees, so he needed some way of supporting himself.
- I have paid a small fortune in tuition fees to my local pool to teach both my children to swim.
- The child is pushed from school to tuition teacher and failure becomes a part of life.
- The boat is designed to accommodate a wide range of disabilities, as well as an instructor who provides tuition.
- Students are under a lot of financial pressure now they have to pay means-tested tuition fees.
- The rich always educated themselves through a mixture of private tuition and small elite schools.
- Each scholarship also covers music tuition fees for two instruments or for voice and an instrument.
- Last year alone, more than 25 state colleges and universities systems increased their tuitions by 10-20% over inflation.
- Another consequence was that college tuitions went up.
- I believe we can no longer stand by and allow hard-working students to miss out on the opportunity for a college degree simply because of skyrocketing tuitions.
- Many cannot afford to pay for college, as tuitions rise and government scholarships are cut.
- The major points being made by the analogy are that colleges can estimate costs and set tuitions, fees, and requests accordingly.
- All he's done is transfer the cost of programs from the federal government to individuals, who are now paying a lot more out of their own pockets for property taxes, college tuitions and health care.
- At a time when rising tuitions are pricing many working-class Americans out of a college education, the upscale campus is becoming the base of American progressivism.
- Whether they have the money, and even if the public institution is charging substantially higher tuitions, graduate students seem willing to do what's needed to reach their personal goals.
- The result is more confusion in the bureaucracy of universities, higher tuitions, cuts in departments and spending overall.
- But will such programs merely push tuitions higher rather than reduce the net cost of colleges?
- While college tuitions have soared 30 percent in the last four years, scholarship grants have been cut back.
- At the same time, private colleges and universities relentlessly raised their tuitions by a much greater annual percentage than the increases in state appropriations for higher education.
- They also wanted to determine how many students from foreign countries (who pay hefty tuitions to attend American universities) might have withdrawn from school because of the terrorism.
- All their kids' college tuitions were being paid out of the corporation.
- They want lower college tuitions, better social services, and lower car taxes.
- These moves come as college tuitions continue to increase far more rapidly than the rate of inflation.
- The costly college game: how will low-income students attain degrees when tuitions continue to increase and customary sources of financial aid remain stagnant?
- We have a big idea for young people to afford to be able to go to college, where tuitions are going up.
- Most people would dream of vacations and new cars and college tuitions paid in full.
- Because of fast-increasing college tuitions, the total cost of loan defaults is higher now than it was a decade ago.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.