- In 1347 he sold 3 tuns of wine to the King's Butler; while in 1349 he exported cloth.
- As for size, the tonnage of ships in this period was reckoned literally in terms of capacity to carry tuns, or casks, of wine.
- He gave the order for a tun of the local wine to be delivered by packman to the Earl's castle in late summer.
- The tuns, which have been in constant use since 1778, will then lie idle while the owners of Boddingtons decide what to do with the site.
- A few of us went into a wine-store where there was a large tun with a ladder to get to the top, in which was a hole about two feet square.