In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Packets of rice, pasta, couscous, lentils and bulgar wheat are all larder essentials, as are tins of tomatoes, tuna and anchovies.
- The tuna I bought, for example, was two for a dollar.
- As a rule, I avoid lumps of grilled tuna: it's fish for people who don't like eating fish, or just don't like eating.
- The cable is clipped to a yellow harness buckled around the girth of the tuna.
- The riskiest fish are large and predatory such as tuna, marlin and swordfish.
- Mix vegetables and water-packed tuna with fat-free mayonnaise or, for a different taste, mix with a fat-free salad dressing.
- New studies still find fault with tuna fishing practices
- Dredge the tuna in flour, patting off any excess.
- Open-ocean travelers-such as whales, tuna and sharks visit the underwater mountains on their migratory routes.
- What do cheese, chicken, tuna and oysters have in common?
- The tuna tartare and caviar tasted as fine as I remembered, and so did the uni risotto.
- Thousands of dolphins are killed every year by Pacific tuna fishing fleets.
- In the tuna canning factories close to Mari Tere's shop some 60 women clad in white robes, work manually cleaning and putting anchovies and tuna in glass containers and tins.
- The aim is to reduce the incidental catch of gamefish like marlin while allowing stocks of swordfish, oceanic sharks and tuna to replenish themselves.
- I was mesmerised by the interplay of the tuna and sharks, fusiliers and jacks.
- To manipulate the sharks' movement, the film-makers would throw chunks of bloody tuna into the water, which would get the sharks worked up.
- The industry is stepping up the sardine catch to feed farm-raised tuna.
- You can grill these burgers to desired doneness, but if you like your ahi burgers rare, make sure that the tuna you've purchased is sushi grade.
- When the oil is hot, sear the tuna for 15-25 seconds on each side.
- Tom Fitzgerald said fish landings were down on the previous year because of the ban on tuna drift net fishing and severe restrictions on quotas of other species.
2also tuna fishCookingatún masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.