In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1also piano tunerMusicafinador de pianos masculineafinadora de pianos feminine
- The implication is that such fine tuning implies an intelligent tuner.
- The night before the tuner was due to tune, I was out with friends in Shoreditch.
- According to the Piano Technicians Guild, there are 10,000 tuners for America's 18 million pianos.
- The locked Samsonite briefcase contained five guitar effects pedals and a battery-powered tuner, all linked by electrical cable.
- A built-in tuner allows for the precise tuning of instruments via the built-in microphone, or through an external microphone.
- A digital tuner is useful for teachers of certain instruments, and a tape recorder allows students to tape and listen to their own playing.
- After graduating from the school for the blind, Zhang first tried to work at a local piano factory as a tuner but the long travelling time from his home to the factory forced him to drop the job.
- The use of metronomes, electronic tuners or other mechanical devices will not be allowed during the contestant's performance.
- Someone is going to make a killing soon with Prada guitar picks and extra large electronic tuners for the bi-focalled axe master.
2Radio Televisionsintonizador masculine
- Yet another audio tool at your disposal is the FM Radio tuner.
- If you use a TV tuner for video caption recording it's a great deal because your sound will be through your sound card, and the video is good quality.
- The PC serves as the DVD player, TV / FM tuner, video recorder and storage medium for music, photos and video.
- In the car, Chase fumbled with the radio tuner in an attempt to take his mind off the conversation he and Cheyne had never had about Danny.
- Untested as of time of press, the sleek-looking box has built-in speakers and a television tuner.
- A motor in the TV set operated the tuner through the remote control.
- Many of these cards also function as television tuners, so you can turn your computer into a complete entertainment system.
- It features two tuners for independent satellite TV viewing on two separate televisions.
- As it happens, that song is one guaranteed to make me lunge for the tuner on the radio.
- There are a number of products that employ unused FM radio frequencies to send music from your PC to any device with a radio tuner.
- A digital radio hi-fi tuner will come with an indoor aerial, either a ribbon dipole or a monopole (half dipole).
- Most amps have a radio tuner built in, giving them that added functionality.
- The TV supports multiple tuners, and I was lucky enough to test drive a two-tuner setup.
- Remixing sometimes sounds like twiddling the radio tuner rapidly through different stations.
- We reach for the tuner on the radio.
- You need one of the digital radio tuners that plug into a USB port.
- The new player acts as a Web radio tuner and a jukebox that allows users to create playlists.
- If they'd included a radio tuner, I would have bought one already.
- Jeff likes to listen to the radio but is not allowed to have a radio in the office, so he buys a tv tuner card that has radio support.
- This little machine holds 1GB of music, features an FM radio tuner and also a voice recorder!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.