- Bullheads and catfish are often associated with muddy, turbid waterbodies, and thus many people have a low opinion of them.
- When the water flows out it is warm but often turbid.
- Although they prefer clear, fresh running water, they seasonally adapt to turbid water caused by runoff and flooding during the rainy season.
- Generally speaking, turbid natural water is not very harmful to people.
- They bravely endured these tempests and continued to fight valiantly across the turbid depths to reach their goal…
- Cloudy or turbid water can quickly clog a filter and shorten the life of the unit.
- But after mechanical fishing dredges destroyed the oyster reefs early in the 20th Century, the water became increasingly turbid and oxygen deficient.
- Algae then grow on the surface and bottom-dwelling plants, deprived of light and oxygen, die off making the water even more turbid and inhospitable to fish and other life.
- During these times it is easier to see fish than at times when the water is more turbulent and turbid.
- If you put it in a glass, you can see it's turbid.
- The turbid water should be cleared before chlorination.
- The swamp itself was muddy, turbid, and infested with biting gnats and mosquitoes.
- Visual signals are also used in aquatic environments, however turbid water reduces visibility very rapidly and may adversely effect visual communication.
- He and the wise men went before the rest to scout the place, and suddenly, he saw a joyless woods leaning over turbid and bloody water.