In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Typically, diesels employ turbochargers and charge air coolers to increase engine power and fuel economy.
- Furthermore, advances in petrol-engine technology, such as improved turbochargers, make diesels even more likely to be sidelined.
- The roar of engines, the whine of turbochargers and the thumping of subwoofer-packed boots transformed the normally quiet Northbourne Avenue into a symphony of high performance heaven during the festival.
- The variable-geometry turbocharger ensures plenty of compression when needed.
- Thanks to a turbocharger, maximum power is boosted to 82 bhp and the car has super-lively performance.
- Dotty took a 1958 Ford Prefect, slapped three turbochargers on it, filled it with high-octane fuel and gave it to a 17-year old who crashed it.
- The most impressive feature on this very popular package is the new four-cylinder 16 valve Direct Injection Diesel engine fitted with a turbocharger and intercooler.
- We have tuning distributors around the country and by working together we can supply our customers with unique specification turbochargers based on their exacting requirements.
- This is a new three-cylinder direct injection model using the Bosch pump injector system combined with turbocharger and intercooler.
- The turbocharger has a twin-scroll design and is fed by two exhaust ducts, one from each cylinder banks.
- At low engine speeds, the smaller turbocharger does the work and delivers 95 per cent of the available torque at just 1,500 rpm.
- Due to its electric drive, it is completely independent from the turbocharger and the thermal energy of the exhaust gasses.
- To tell you there is a turbocharger driving the engine, there is a turbo gauge on the dash, to the right of the speedometer.
- The centrifugal housing is shaped similarly to a turbocharger, and it also uses an impeller (similar to a turbo) to draw in air and direct it to the housing.
- We are implementing a new turbocharger and exhaust manifold as well as other components of the anti-lag system.
- During acceleration, the electric motor acts like a turbocharger, helping the 4-cylinder engine crank out almost as much power as a V6.
- This engine will gain a variable-geometry turbocharger later, which will boost outputs and improve low-speed response.
- Like a turbocharger, a supercharger is under boost only 5% to 10% of the time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.