- Its easy forgeability and strength at moderate temperature has led to extensive use as compressor blades and discs in gas-turbine engines and as fan blades in the most recent turbofan engines.
- Such turbine engines are also called jet engines and they embrace a family of products: turbojets, turbofans, and turboprops.
- The thrust of the two turbofan engines on underwing pylons would be uprated or derated to reflect the number of seats, allowing the same engine to be used on all three versions.
- The goal of a turbofan engine is to produce thrust to drive the airplane forward.
- They have also ordered two versions of Predator B with turbofan jet engines.
- The swing-wing design and turbofan engines not only provide greater range and high speed at low levels but they also enhance the bomber's survivability.
- Thrust is coming from two components in the turbofan.
- He pushed his throttle all the way forward and kicked the afterburning engines of the four large turbofans into action.